I am very excited to announce that Sugar Fall ‘17 has gone live! This marks the beginning of a new chapter for our core Sugar product through the introduction of a quarterly development and delivery model, providing an accelerated delivery of feature innovation for our cloud (on-demand) customers as well as a far greater level of predictability for Sugar updates. Fall ‘17 has a rich combination of exciting new end user features as well as significant performance improvements to our platform. To put a finer point on it, our updated company strategy has us increasingly shifting to cloud-based offerings, and Fall ‘17 is a major step in doing so.
The feature list starts off strong with the introduction of Drill Through Charts, a highly requested feature by our customers. Users can now click into a specific segment of the chart pulling relevant data without the need of building a separate report. Not only does Drill Through save users a great amount of time, but also adds a visually appealing interactivity to report creation. Drill Through marks the next phase of reporting improvements that started off in Sugar 7.9.
Another exciting end user feature is Shareable Dashboards. Administrators and individual end-users can now share dashboards throughout their organization and provide a clean and consistent Sugar experience across the board – dashboards can be shared, duplicated and defaulted. Thirty (28 for PRO) default dashboards have been included across various roles, saving users a great deal of time in personalization and configuration, and this list will continue to grow over time.
And finally, we are pleased to announce our brand new Emails module, built from our own Sidecar framework. Filter, tag, and preview email content with ease. One of the most important advantages of Sidecar, aside from UX and performance, is access to the Intelligence Pane, which once paired with Drill Through Charts adds an additional level of convenience to emails in Sugar like never before.
Additional enhancements include:
- SAML Enhancements
- We now offer support for a wider set of Identity Providers (Okta, OneLogin, ADFS, GoogleSSO) and have also provided a unified SSO setup experience on Sugar Mobile and core Sugar giving users a simplified user experience – users can now log into Sugar from Okta (or other Identity Providers).
- Metadata Improvements
- System wide changes made by the admin such as modifying labels, changing currency settings etc should no longer trigger metadata cache rebuilds resulting in reduced number of times the end user will be logged out of the system.
- User Experience Improvements
- The Contracts, Currencies, Shipping Providers, Tax Rates, Contract Types and Manufacturers modules have been migrated to Sugar’s Sidecar UI framework.
- Advanced Workflow Business Rules have been given a new design and now have drag and drop reordering functionality giving users a productive way to create and update rules as business policies change.
For more information please refer to our Sugar Fall ‘17 Support Documentation