Known Knowns, Known Unknowns, and Unknown Unknowns
“…there are known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns. It’s the unknown unknowns that get you” – Donald Rumsfeld
In business, we often focus on understanding the “known knowns” and “known unknowns”. These are the data points and ideas we understand and see every day, guided by our own biases and preconceptions. They drive incremental improvements, but often don’t lead to transformational change. However, if we could uncover and answer the “unknown unknowns”, that which we don’t know that we don’t know, we could predict the best next action, every single time. For the first time ever, both foresight and hindsight would be 20/20.
With that, we are excited to announce Sugar Connect, a brand-new product focused on delivering mission-critical context when your teams need it most – ultimately helping you to uncover the unknown unknowns.
A Familiar Set of Challenges
Let’s talk about challenges. We all have them. Below are three I often hear from our customers. Any sound familiar?
- Lack of context – Sales and service representatives run most of their communications with customers over email. Unfortunately, email tools miss critical contextual information about customers and business, such as sales opportunities, products purchased, and service history.
- Stale or incomplete data – Real people hate data entry. Period. Better yet, when the tools become an impediment to productivity, end-users simply stop using the tools, which defeats the purpose all together.
- Poor follow-up – With no customer context and poor data records in the CX application, it becomes all too easy for sales opportunities and customer service cases to slip between the cracks, for important tasks to go uncompleted, for miscommunications to occur, and for commitments to be forgotten.
If you do not have these challenges, congratulations. For the rest of us mere mortals, keep reading.
Enter Sugar Connect
The Sugar Connect mission is simple – enable users to effortlessly manage customer relationships and follow-up activities, gaining critical context when it matters most, during real-time communications with customers.
To do this, Sugar Connect meets you where you are, by bringing key customer experience activities into the apps you use most—email and calendaring. Connect synchronizes Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite data directly with Sugar, incorporating email, calendar events, tasks, and contacts into our unified customer view.
With Sugar Connect, users gain critical context when it matters most, during real-time email communications with customers. It even keeps all your customer account information up to date, without ever having to leave your email tool!
- 360-degree Customer View: Gain complete visibility into the health of your accounts, contacts, leads, and opportunities from within your email app
- Automated Data Entry: Archive important emails to Sugar, while automatically syncing your calendar and contacts
- Effortless CRM: Access and update Sugar, without leaving your email app
- Scheduling Assistant: Easily schedule meetings with your customers, without the back-and-forth
By seamlessly integrating Sugar and either Microsoft Office 365 or G Suite, your representatives now gain critical context when it matters most, during real time communications with customers. Imagine a world where the term “cut-and-paste” is non-existent. Imagine a world where sales and service reps never have to leave the application that they are most comfortable with.
With Sugar Connect, we are one step closer to that vision. Stay tuned for more information and be sure to read today’s press release!