Case Study: Harper Inc.
Harper Inc. sells color matching, dispensing, and mixing solutions to paint and coatings retailers, serving over 20,000 customers in domestic and international markets. Despite the company’s success, its sales process was largely manual and paper based. A customer order required several phone calls and emails, and a hand-typed order, which was faxed to Harper’s vendor partners. Part numbers were sometimes mistyped, leading to delays and rework. To support growth and reduce the manual workload, Harper Inc. needed a CRM system.
- Automate sales processes
- Minimize paper
- Deploy in the cloud
- Deliver flexibility and ease of use
The Solution: Sugar Professional On-Demand
Having successfully deployed Sugar at another firm, company partner Joe Harper selected Sugar for Harper Inc. Just over two weeks after implementation began, Harper Inc. took its first order via Sugar. The company has since made Sugar the platform for nearly every aspect of its operations: order entry and processing, customer and lead management, tracking, and all the reporting for customers and vendor partners.
- Streamlined processes
- Improved forecasting accuracy
- Enabled international expansion
- Eliminated costs to grow
- Expected to close $7.8 million in sales during 2012, up from $5.3 million in 2011
- Increased average monthly orders to 300—a 33 percent increase over its best prior average of 200 per month
- Slashed time needed for end of the month reporting from two weeks to 90 minutes