- Lost productivity and poorly managed leads cost companies at least $1 trillion every year (CMO Council)
- Almost half of all sales reps will take nearly a year to become productive enough to meet company goals (Accenture)
- Half of all sales time is spent on ineffective prospecting (The B2B Lead)
- Top-performing companies are twice as likely to have automated their sales processes (Velocify)
- 60% of sales reps meet their sales goals (CSO Insights)
- Almost 90% of workers are not actively engaged in their jobs (Gallup)
Sales Tools & CRM
- The average return on investment for CRM is $8.71 for every dollar spent (Nucleus Research).
- Data accessibility for salespeople shortens their sales cycles by 8-14% (Nucleus Research).
- 69% of people said CRM system is the most used and the most valuable tool to increase effectiveness in sales (SugarCRM).
- 62% of people said their main reason for getting a CRM was for Improving the customer experience you provide to your customers (SugarCRM).
- 80% of companies spend at least $1000 on technology annually, per sales rep to equip them with right tools to do their jobs effectively (SugarCRM).
- The most popular sales tools include CRM, social prospecting, data and list services, email engagement, phone, and sales cadence (Hubspot).
- 61% of employees typically access four or more systems to get the information they need to do their jobs (Adobe).
- High-performing sales teams use nearly three times the amount of sales technology than underperforming teams (Salesforce).
- 79% of sales teams currently use or are planning to use sales analytics technology to increase efficiency (Salesforce).
- 41.2% of the Marc Wayshak study said the phone is the most effective sales tool at their disposal (Marc Wayshak).
- On average, sales reps use at least 6 tools (Sales for Life).
Lead Nurturing Statistics
- Nurtured leads typically result in 20% more sales opportunities than non-nurtured leads (Demand Gen).
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads (Annuitas Group).
- 50% of your prospects aren’t a good fit for what you sell. 71.4% of respondents said that 50% or fewer of their initial prospects turn out to be a good fit (Marc Wayshak).
- Nurture emails have a 2x higher open rate than one-off emails (Annuitas Group).
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads (The Annuitas Group).
- Companies excelling at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales ready leads at 33% lower cost (Forrester Research).
- 51% of email marketers say email list segmentation is the most effective way to personalize lead nurturing (Ascend 2).
Cold Calling Statistics
- Nearly 100% of customer interactions happen on the phone (Salesforce).
- 3 out of 4 managers will take action from a cold call or email alone (DiscoverOrg).
- 85% of potential customers are not satisfied with their experience over the phone (Salesforce).
- Sales reps make on average 45 calls each day (The Bridge Group).
- Leads are 100x more likely to answer the phone if you call within 5 minutes of them submitting a web form (Inside Sales).
- Approximately 40% of sales reps don’t feel prepared for their calls (Lattice Engine).
- 92% of salespeople quit after they are told “no” four times by a prospect; however, 80% of prospects say “no” four times before they say “yes” (Marketing Donut).
- It will take at least 5 additional calls to close 8 out of every 10 deals (Scripted).
- It takes an average of 8 calls to get in touch with a prospect following the initial contact (Telenet and Ovation Sales Group).
- The best time to cold call is 4:00-5:00pm. The second best time is 8:00-10:00am. The worst times are 11:00-2:00pm (InsideSales & Kellog School of Business).
- Only 2% of cold calls result in an appointment (Leap Job).
- Nearly half of all salespeople give up after the first follow-up call (Scripted).
- Sales reps can spend up to 40% of their time looking for somebody to call (Inside Sales).
- 1% of cold calls are converted into prospective clients (Keller Research Center at Baylor University).
Sales Lead Generation & Prospecting
- Thursday is the best day to prospect. Wednesday is the second best day. Tuesday is the worst day (InsideSales).
- Each year, you’ll lose 14% of your customers. Never stop prospecting (Business Brief).
- 40% of salespeople say prospecting is the most challenging part of the sales process (Hubspot).
- 72% of sales professionals spend 30 minutes or more preparing for a meeting with a new prospect, while nearly half (49%) spend at least 45 minutes preparing (SugarCRM).
- 70% of initial prospects are not in a buying mode when they first interact with your company (Marketing Sherpa).
- The three most commonly used B2B lead generation strategies are email marketing (78%), event marketing (73%), and content marketing (67%) (Sales Fusion).
- Content marketing is used for lead generation by 83% of B2B marketers (Content Marketing Institute).
- 61% of marketers say generating traffic and leads is their top challenge (Hubspot).
- Outbound leads cost 39% more than inbound leads (Hubspot).
- Strategic landing pages are used by 68% of B2B businesses to acquire leads (Marketo).
- If you follow up with web leads within 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them (Lead Response Management).
- 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after the meeting (The Marketing Donut).
- 44% of sales reps give up after 1 follow-up (The Marketing Donut).
- The average sales rep only makes 2 attempts to reach a prospect (Hubspot).
- Sales reps who use social media in their sales are 50% more likely to meet or exceed their goals (InsideSales)
- 8 out of 10 potential clients can be reached via social media Sergey Gusarov)
- Half of revenue is influenced by social selling in 14 common industries, including computer software, healthcare, and marketing and advertising.
- More than 70 percent of sales professionals use social selling tools like LinkedIn and Facebook (LinkedIn)
- Recruiting new customers costs five times as much as retaining current customers (Forrester).
- It is 16 times as costly to build a long-term business relationship with a new customer than simply to cultivate the loyalty of an existing customer (Martech Zone).
- Customers that continue to support your brand over time will spend 67% more than new customers(Edelman).
- Experiences that would make customers take their business elsewhere include unfriendly service (60%) and employees’ lack of knowledge (46%) (PWC).
It is 16 times as costly to build a new business relationship than to cultivate one with an existing customer
Loyal customers will spend 67% more than new customers.
- The best times to email prospects are 8:00am and 3:00pm (GetResponse).
- Email marketing has 2x higher ROI than cold calling, networking or trade shows (MarketingSherpa).
- More than one-third of email recipients use the subject line alone to determine if they will open the email (Convince and Convert).
- 43% of email recipients click the Spam button based on the email “from” name or email address (Convince and Convert).
- People who buy products marketed through email spend 123% more than people that do not receive email offers (Convince and Convert).
- Email is 40 times more effective at reaching new customers than social media giants, combined (McKinsey, 2012).
- Use your recipient’s name in the subject line and they will be more likely to open the email (Retension Science).
- using dry language in your subject line means the recipient is less likely to open the email (Adestra).
- Only 24% of sales emails are opened (Topo Blog).
- 57% of email recipients consider a message to be spam if it isn’t relevant to their needs, even when they know the vendor well (Adobe).
- 50% of sales go to the first salesperson to contact the prospect (InsidesSales).
- 70 percent of companies say closing more deals is their top priority (Hubspot).
- Acquiring a new customer costs 5-25 times more than keeping an existing customer (Harvard Business Review).
- Best-in-class companies close 30% of sales qualified leads while average companies close 20% (Point Clear).
50% of sales go to the first salesperson to contact the prospect.
70% of companies say closing more deals is their top priority.