Every day, SugarCRM competes with deep-pocketed companies that at times feel like the Yankees and Red Sox. With that in mind, we are delighted that Billy Beane will be the keynote speaker at this year’s SugarCon. Beane disrupted MLB’s status quo by utilizing data analytics to find a better way to compete with higher payroll teams. He will talk with our customers, partners and prospects about challenging the status quo, and how looking at things differently than your competition can give you an advantage.
Beane was the inspiration for the best-selling book “Moneyball” and the subsequent Oscar-nominated film of the same name. He’s known as an innovator among MLB executives for leveraging data analytics to disrupt how teams evaluate and manage players. After his MLB playing career, Beane became the general manager of the Oakland Athletics and now serves as the executive vice president of baseball operations. Using a statistical methodology to assemble successful player lineups, he transformed the Athletics into a six-time, division-winning franchise with one of the smallest payrolls in the league.
SugarCon is SugarCRM’s annual conference for customers, partners, developers and technology experts to explore the latest customer experience and CRM trends and innovations. Event highlights include:
- Feature presentations from SugarCRM executives, customers and partners.
- Sugar product demonstrations on the main-stage will show how organizations can use Sugar to build better business relationships.
- Product training educational sessions where attendees will discover groundbreaking Sugar features that help individual employees to do their jobs better.
- UnCon hackathon, which offers Sugar developers a great chance to hack side-by-side with SugarCRM engineers.
- Sugar Labs gives attendees an opportunity to do hands-on usability testing with upcoming Sugar features.
- The annual app throwdown, SugarCRM’s annual head-to-head competition to see who will take the top prize for the best Sugar application.
SugarCon will take place September 25-28, 2017 in San Francisco at the Hilton Union Square.