What’s New in Sugar 6: Global, Mobile, Social CRM
Learn how the Sugar 6 Spring 2011 release makes CRM Global, Mobile and Social.
Join Clint Oram, SugarCRM Co-Founder, CTO and VP of Products in a discussion and hear how you can how the future of business is open with the latest Sugar 6 release. Discover why SugarCRM is the solution that gives you the independence of an open platform, freeing you from the limits of other, more restrictive CRM solutions.
- CRM Made Global: The Sugar 6 Spring 2011 release adds 8 more languages—for a total of 22—and more administrative control, so you can boost the efficiency of your worldwide workforce.
- CRM Made Mobile: Sugar 6 supports your road warriors and executives team with mobile across a broad range of platforms: Android, BlackBerry, and iPhone/iPad. Offline Sync helps when network connections are intermittent (think frequent flyers), while Sugar’s HTML5 charting engine ensures that reports are readable across mobile platforms.
- CRM Made Social: Social CRM is all about external customers, not just behind-the-firewall collaboration. Sugar 6 dramatically expands the ability to collaborate with customers and partners no matter where they are located.
- New IBM Lotus Software integration with integrations to Lotus Notes, in addition to the previously announced LotusLive Web conferencing integrations to Cisco WebEx Meeting Center and Citrix Online GoToMeeting
- Cloud based document sharing with Google Docs
- Activity Stream integrations with Twitter and Facebook
- Sales Intelligence from InsideView
- Sugar as a Platform: The Sugar 6 Spring 2011 release simplifies customizations and increases deployment options and gives our customers and partners a process driven workflow automation platform that allows them to build a different class of CRM applications, upping the ante for all other CRM applications.
Co-Founder, CTO and VP of Products, SugarCRM