SugarCRM Enters 2010 with Strong Growth As the Leading Provider of CRM Applications for the Open Cloud
CUPERTINO, Calif. - January 13, 2010 - SugarCRM, the world's leading provider of open source customer relationship management (CRM) software, today announced that 2009 was a record year across a number of key measures, including revenue and customer growth, community and partner development, and industry recognition for the company's open source and cloud-based CRM solutions.
"SugarCRM is incredibly well positioned as we begin a new year, with an exciting set of customer, partner and product announcements that will accelerate innovation in the CRM industry," said Larry Augustin, CEO of SugarCRM. "Companies are running very tight operations with emphasis on growing the top-line, while controlling costs and recognizing immediate value from their CRM investments. These are all areas in which SugarCRM and our global partner network excels."
Customer, Partner, Revenue and International Growth
SugarCRM enters 2010 with record momentum across revenue, community partnerships and international growth. According to a recent Jigsaw study, SugarCRM is one of the three most widely used CRM applications in the world.
2009 highlights include:
- Achieved record year in terms of revenue, subscriptions and users, adding over 2,000 commercial customers, including leading organizations such as Thomas Cook, FujiFilm, University of Toronto, City of San Francisco, Yale School of Management, Zipcar, PennysaverUSA.com, and C&S Wholesale Grocers.
- Secured over 50 new technology and value-added reseller (VAR) partnerships, including a partnership with Tata Communications to provide CRM solutions to businesses across India.
- Expanded its international reach during 2009, conducting transactions in over 75 countries. To support its strong growth in the European Union, the company recently opened a new European headquarters in Munich, Germany.
Open Cloud Innovation
Fueling SugarCRM's growth is an unrivalled commitment to delivering open, interoperable CRM solutions that can run in any cloud environment. In 2009, SugarCRM advanced its commitment to openness through technology partnerships and community innovation, including:
- Announced a partnership with Microsoft to provide SugarCRM applications on Windows Azure, Microsoft's cloud platform for web applications and services.
- Released Sugar Community Edition on Amazon EC2 as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) which allows developers to access, test and develop Sugar code in a cloud-based environment supported by Amazon Web Services' Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- Surpassed over seven million downloads of its open source product and over 600,000 users globally. SugarCRM's open source community now consists of over 150,000 people, including over 21,000 registered developers. Over 700 SugarCRM product extensions have been created, including applications for integrating with popular consumer services such as Google and Twitter, as well as telephony, collaboration and mobile applications.
Industry Praise for Technology and Corporate Success
In 2009 the company and its executives received a number of key awards and accolades including:
- SugarCRM CEO Larry Augustin was named the most influential business executive in open source for his role in the development of the open source movement and his involvement with many of the leading open source companies.
- Recognized as a winner of the Best of Open Source (Bossie) award, Best Open Source Technology by CRM Magazine, and Best Open Source Solution CODiE Award by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA).
- Named one of the Top 100 Cloud Computing Vendors by CRN in 2009.
SugarCRM is the world's leading provider of open source customer relationship management (CRM) software. Over 6,000 customers and more than half a million users rely on SugarCRM to execute marketing programs, grow sales, retain customers and create custom business applications. Leading publications such as CRM Magazine, InfoWorld and eWeek praise SugarCRM for its ease-of-use, flexibility and open design. SugarCRM runs on the leading cloud computing platforms, including Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Sugar On-Demand and Private Clouds, offering customers unparalleled choice and control of their data and deployments.
Christine McKeown, Schwartz Communications for SugarCRM