Case study: ViaWest
With twenty two data centers located across five states, ViaWest is one of the largest, privately held providers of managed hosting and colocation services in North America. Its emphasis on excellent customer service has gained it a customer base of over 1300 mid-sized businesses and enterprises. Some of its current customers include Chipotle, Frontier Airlines, Patron Spirits, and Samsonite.
As ViaWest expanded into a multi-million dollar company, it outgrew its existing sales automation system, which resulted in segregated data and inconsistent customer service procedures. To continue to grow while maintaining its high customer service standards, ViaWest required a commercial CRM solution that could scale to meet those demands.
- A flexible, dynamic CRM solution that could respond to market conditions
- Contact and sales pipeline management
- Customized quote creation and management
- Ease of integration with existing systems
- Streamlined order approval
- Elimination of errors and duplicate data entry
The Solution: SugarCRM Professional
After evaluating several options including salesforce.com, ViaWest chose Sugar Professional. With Sugar’s gold-level solutions partner Epicom, ViaWest deployed Sugar in just three months.
- Accelerated revenue recognition
- Improved revenue forecasting
- Centralized control over product catalog and pricing
- Standardized quotes and contracts
- Shortened quote generation, sales, and order fulfillment processes
- Reduced implementation, errors, and data duplication