Case Study: University Readers
University Readers provides custom publishing solutions for over 2,000 instructors nationwide as well as affordable educational materials for university students across the country. Its mission is to empower others to achieve excellence by facilitating education and building knowledge. The nature of its business is based in short production cycles that require a simple solution to track project and customer data as well as provide visibility of its data across the company.
As its business began to grow, University Readers realized its current infrastructure of photocopied paper forms to capture crucial data and manage projects was not scalable to support its growth. This process led to decentralized data that was not visible to all areas of the company and was not optimal for its partner management processes.
- Highly flexible and scalable platform to support its growing business.
- A solution that was easy to customize with an option for on-site hosting.
After evaluating several CRM solutions including FileMaker, Goldmine and ACT! CRM, University Readers decided that SugarCRM Community Edition was the best solution for its requirements.
The University Readers’ development team worked with Sugar’s CE edition for two years. In that time, the team became familiar with Sugar’s capabilities and realized it wanted to take advantage of the reporting capabilities in Sugar Professional. As a result,
University Readers upgraded to Sugar Professional in the fall of 2006 and has been going strong ever since.
- Created numerous customizations, including a “Products” module with over 300 fields and still growing,
- Integrated Sugar with its internal systems to develop a mini-intranet that enables it reports module to pull data from external databases.
- Increased email marketing, gained data accuracy, reduced duplication of efforts and improved user experience for its customers by integrating Sugar with its online student store.
- Saved time with Sugar functionalities such as collapsible tabs, a global unified search bar and a last visited list help to streamline the main interface and minimize the number of clicks.