Case Study: UEM Land Group
The UEM Land Group is the master developer and primary landowner in the regional city of Nusajaya in Malaysia. The company was acquired in 2001 and experienced a company-wide restructure in 2003. To support this initiative, a growth strategy was designed to create diverse developments that could promote economic growth and meet market demands.
At the time of its restructuring, UEM relied on spreadsheets and a property management solution to maintain its infrastructure. To meet the demands of its new growth strategy, UEM determined it needed to improve all levels of its sales process and customer relationship management with a dynamic CRM solution
- Ability to streamline processes and improve visibility of customer data.
- Support high-level performance in all sales, marketing, finance and customer service teams.
- Track and report detailed levels of customer activity that provide insight into business development strategies.
- Integrate with existing property management solution, Wiz.
UEM Land Group learned about Sugar Professional from its SugarCRM gold level solution partner, iZeno. During its evaluation process, UEM also considered Oracle CRM and Microsoft Dynamics. However, Sugar Professional was chosen for its open source nature, its flexibility and its ease of integration. Once UEM decided on Sugar Professional and began to work with iZeno, it was up and running with multiple customizations in just 6 months.
- Increased sales productivity by 30 percent with customizations for enhanced tracking, automation and reporting capabilities.
- Reduced customer service response time by 50 percent with a standardized system that records complaints & property defects.
- Saved an estimated $200,000 annually in administrative costs by introducing automated processes to replace time consuming manual tasks.
- Strengthened customer relationships with automated customer and prospect correspondence including thank you notes as well as birthday and holiday greetings cards.