Case Study: Fresenius Medical Care
By 2011, Rio de Janeiro operations of the Fresenius Medical Care (FMC) had doubled in only four years—straining sales, customer service, and back office processes. Many of those processes were manual, and sales representatives used Excel spread sheets to manage information from the company’s customers, clinics and hospitals. In spite of these problems, the company enjoyed the biggest market share in Brazil. Yet it was obvious that to remain competitive and retain that advantage, FMC needed a system to effectively manage sales and marketing, support customer service, and provide accurate information for company managers.
- Excellent price to value
- SAP integration
- Ease of use and customization
Sugar Professional Fresenius evaluated a number of CRM vendors including Salesforce.com, but only Sugar could meet all the company’s requirements: easy to use and customize, excellent price to value, and SAP integration. Fresenius worked with SugarCRM gold partner Lampada to customize Sugar for the demands of the medical equipment and supplies industry.
- SAP integration delivered significant gains in order processing volume without adding staff
- Advanced reporting supports sales campaigns
- Mobile capabilities save time for the sales team Central information hub supports business process changes
- Accelerated order submission and processing from three days to just a few hours
- Increased processing volume to 500 orders per day
- Improved the quality of customer interactions