Case Study: Control Technology Corp.
Control Technology Corp. replaces Sage ACT! with Sugar Professional for increased flexibility and end-user adoption for on-demand deployment
If you don't care about money, than use Salesforce.com, but if you do, you'll get a lot more bang for your buck with SugarCRM. The ease of customization and flexibility with Sugar resulted in a lot more value in the long run.
Martin Umeh, Western Regional Sales Manager, Control Technology Corp.
- Limited IT resources and industry-specific sales processes meant Control Technology Corp. required a customizable, on-demand CRM solution
- The company was considering Salesforce.com but did not have the budget to allow for the customization expenses.
- Low end-user adoption of previous solutions meant the new CRM system had to be easy to use.
- Management was frustrated that they lacked insight into sales and revenue figures.
- Sugar Enterprise On-Site was originally installed and then migrated to Sugar Professional On-Demand.
- Open source architecture meant Sugar Professional could be customized within allotted budget.
- Saved tens of thousands of dollars in switch-over and customization costs associated with Salesforce.com.
- On-demand deployment has removed IT burden
- Ease of use and customization has resulted in high-end user adoption.
- Management now has 360 degree view of sales and revenue data.
- Made customizations to the Contacts, Accounts,
Opportunities, Cases, and Bug Tracking modules to support business processes and workflows.
- Created a custom "Orders" tab for sales force viewing of accounting information.