Case Study: Carpathia Hosting
Carpathia Hosting Leverages Sugar Professional for Explosive Growth
Carpathia Hosting is a leading provider of managed hosting services, delivering secure, reliable and compliant IT infrastructure and management for some of the world’s most demanding enterprises and federal agencies. In May 2008, an investment group that set high expectations for the future of the company, acquired Carpathia. As a result, the company was immediately on a new growth trajectory and required its CRM solution to be flexible enough to support its growth. As its current solution, salesforce.com, was a basic implementation, Carpathia realized it was not a cost-effective, scalable option going forward.
- A system that could be customized to meet Carpathia’s unique demands that included tracking hundreds of products and different revenue classifications.
- Support automation of Carpathia’s provisioning cycle
- Adhere to rigorous tracking and reporting requirements that utilized numerous customized screen views, reports, quotes and proposals.
- Serve as a central repository for high-level documents including contracts, non-disclosure agreements and proposals.
- Seamless integration with new and existing systems as well as access to an email plug-in
Carpathia adopted Sugar Professional in January 2009. As one of its main objectives was to streamline its quotation process, NEPO Systems implemented a solution that streamlined the creation, delivery and management of Carpathia’s quotation process. NEPO was able to leverage the existing quotes and product catalog modules to significantly enhance its capability to fully support Carpathia's requirements.
More recently, Carparthia has fully integrated its Sugar deployment with Marketo’s marketing automation system for increased efficiencies in lead generation. Plans are also underway for integration with Carpathia’s accounting solution, Solomon.
- Explosive growth within the company that includes its transformation into a global organization that has more than doubled headcount.
- Tripled the volume of its data centers.
- A 50 percent increase of its customer base in just two years.
- Improved tracking of sales performance metrics and the closing ratio of each sales person.
- Streamlined sales reporting that supports 50 weekly management reports.