Case Study: BNSF Logistics
BNSF Logistics, LLC., moves to Sugar Professional for high performance account and business management solutions
BNSF Logistics provides dynamic, value-added transportation services to customers around the globe. Its vision is to establish BNSF Logistics as the leader in providing creative logistics solutions that consistently exceed its customer's expectations.
At the internal management level, BNSF Logistics believes that customer ownership is established at the account level and extends into the organization. When the new Director of Marketing arrived at BNSF Logistics, he immediately noticed the low user adoption rate of the company's current CRM solution, Salesforce.com. As a result, BNSF realized it needed to better coordinate the organization's customer relationship building efforts through strong adoption of a CRM solution.
- Low user adoption rate of its current solution, Salesforce.com
- Lacked accountability and efficiency in overall account management
- Unable to execute outbound marketing initiatives
- BNSF Logistics signed its customer agreement with SugarCRM and was operational on Sugar Professional in a matter of days. Its initial implementation focused on its sales and operations team. Primary use of Sugar Professional included sales automation with lead, account and opportunity management and reporting. Quickly realizing the effectiveness of its Sugar implementation, BNSF Logistics added additional subscriptions to include its procurement team. In addition, BNSF Logistics is an early adopter of Sugar 6. Its sales people are very positive about the great new features and that has led to a higher level of active use within the organization. And, the marketing department has set everyone up with the same interface (dash and dashlets), to make training more efficient.
- Able to create high-level reports used by its executive team to drive overall business strategy.
- Gained accountability between teams and a high-level of visibility into key accounts.
- Increased efficiency with improved workflow management.
- Able to implement 80 percent of its high-level, business driven modifications within minutes, not hours.